LogMeTT is extension of popular freeware terminal emulator Tera Term. Both - Tera Term and LogMeTT are Windows applications compatible with all Microsoft Windows versions starting from Windows XP up-to and including Windows 10.
The word "LogMeTT" originates from the phrase "Log Me in Tera Term". To be pronounces as [log-mi-ti-ti] with the accent on the last [ti].
LogMeTT helps to create, keep organized and easily accessible Macro scripts written on Tera Term Language. Those who often do repetitive checks or changes on remote devices reachable via Telnet, SSH1/SSH2 or serial connection will find LogMeTT as a great time saving tool that eliminates extra typing and copy/pasting into terminal window.
LogMeTT is designed for Tera Term and will not work with any other terminal emulator. LogMeTT and Tera Term are separate applications developed independently. Nevertheless freeware version of LogMeTT is included in Tera Term installation package, installing LogMeTT is optional and Tera Term will work just fine without it. LogMeTT has its own setup file and can be uninstalled at any time.
LogMeTT keeps Tera Term Macro scripts in a hierarchical tree structure that "translates" into Popup menu appearing from the icon in Windows system tray. Every script has corresponding item in Popup menu, thus each macro is reachable from the desktop in just 2 clicks. LogMeTT also supports schedule based macro execution, so even those 2 clicks may not be necessary. Hierarchical structure allows to reuse code from the "parent" script when running its "child" macros and saves additional time on creating and keeping Tera Term macros scripts updated. Entire tree of scripts or any subset of tree nodes can be saved in a binary file and distributed among group of people working with the same remote nodes.
LogMeTT has built in Tera Term Language syntax highlighter and context sensitive Macro language help that assists in creating new scripts and improves their readability. It also provides several typical connection templates that can be studied and used as the examples while writing Tera Term macros. LogMeTT installation package includes Macro Wizard that can be good starting point for those who is new to Tera Term Language.
LogMeTT's ability to have custom color set for each Macro script significantly reduces chances of human error while working with multiple Tera Term windows.
LogMeTT allows to select and execute group of macro scripts together. Multiple Tera Term windows will open and automatically tile on the desktop. This feature was introduced as additional time saver for those who often use Tera Term's Broadcast command mode.
LogMeTT's scheduler can automate lots of routine tasks like periodic data collection from remote sites, performing regular configuration backups etc. Each script can have its own execution schedule, which can be enabled or disabled at any time.
LogMeTT extends Tera Term Language with the set of additional keywords that can contain user, connection or OS specific variables. They become handy when writing scripts that will be executed on other PCs or by other users.
- Runs on all 32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft Windows Operating Systems starting Windows XP and up
- Runs with Tera Term versions 4.xx and up
- Can store any number of macros in the Connection Tree
- Supports any number of sub-node levels in the Connection Tree
- Supports Cut, Copy, Paste, Move Up, Move Down, Duplicate, Import, Export operations on macro tree nodes
- Contains Tera Term Macro editor with configurable syntax highlighter, syntax proposal and contextual help features
- Supports macro script Printing with highlighted syntax in black & white and color modes
- Contains the set of Macro Templates that covers most commonly used connection scenarios
- Keeps Macro Templates in external plain text file allowing users to build their own Template Libraries
- Supports optional Popup feature to warn user with configurable message prior running each Macro; user then can Resume or Cancel Macro script execution
- Supports individual color schema for each macro
- Supports macro startup scheduler similar to cron job in Unix/Linux based platforms
- Allows to execute one particular macro script or the chain of scripts belonging to the same branch of the tree
- Allows to execute entire macro script or part of it from the beginning to current cursor position; this helps during script development and testing
- Allows to select and execute together several macro scripts belonging to different nodes of the tree; then optionally can tile all open Tera Term windows for more convenient use of Tera Term in Broadcast command
- Supports tree branch or individual macro node import/export operations
- Extends Tera Term Macro language with the set of configurable keywords that can be user, connection or OS specific
- Allows to Release and Renew DHCP assigned IP address or addresses in two mouse clicks via items in System Tray Popup menu
- Displays configuration settings of each installed and enabled network adapter
- Comes with command line macro starter RunLTT
- When not in use, can run as background process occupying just about 400K of memory
- Is FREEWARE application distributed without the source code
Freeware version of LogMeTT is included into Tera Term installation package. LogMeTT setup file is also avaiable separately. Link to the dowload page with the latest free version of LogMeTT is in Latest Freeware box at the top of this page.