I visualize three methods to your post:First Method
1) Simple use keyboard shortcuts <Alt> + <N>.. This will launcha "New Connections" window and you select whether you want a "TCP/IP" or Serial connection. In your case you would click the Serial radio button and see if your COM port is available in the pulldown. If available then choose it and click "OK".Second Method
1) Launching TeraTerm window by double clicking Tera Term.exe
2) Launching another COM connection using File menu dropdown <Control>/<Macro> then select TTL file which holds the following code:Third Method
1) Write a TTL file with the following code and place it on your root of C: drive
2) Launch TTL file via batch file
In the "First Method
" you use existing keyboard shortcuts
In the "Second Method
" you will be able to launch another Tera Term window pointing to your new COM port via a TTL macro script.
In the "Third Method
" a TTL script via a batch file will launch both windows 1 second apart from each other.
Hope this helps..