• Support
  • Articles
  • Resources
  • Products

Problem with sendln

Moderator: boris

4 postsPage 1 of 1

LarsTarkas
Newbie

Posts:
2
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:09 pm
by LarsTarkas » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:28 pm
I'm new to using TeraTerm macros (just started yesterday), and I'm having a problem. I have a simple macro I am trying out:

Code: Select all

  1. sendln 'ee'
  2. pause 1
  3. sendln 'all'
  4. pause 1


What I want it to do is to send 'ee' to enter the EEProm menu and then send 'all' to list all the parameters.
But what happens is that I get 'ea' on one line, like this: "Enter a command: ea"

It seems like the macro is sending characters faster than TeraTerm can take them.

This works, sending one character at a time with a pause between each character. It's not exactly a practical solution.
;;send 101
;;pause 1
;;send 101
;;pause 1
;;sendln
;;pause 1
;;send 97
;;pause 1
;;send 108
;;pause 1
;;send 108
;;pause 1
;;sendln

What can I do to slow my macro down so that all the characters I send will be handled? Thanks.
boris
Moderator, LogMeTT and TTLEditor developer

Posts:
1596
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:52 pm
by boris » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:39 pm
You need to use one of wait commands instead of pause. Wait for server prompt coming back, or any other indication that the last sent command has been completed and the server is ready to receive the next one.
Thanks.
Best regards,
Boris
LarsTarkas
Newbie

Posts:
2
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:09 pm
by LarsTarkas » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:05 pm
I figured it out. What I did was to go into Setup/Serial Port and add a delay of 100 msec/char. That way, there was time for the device to respond. I could probably reduce the delay, but it won't add up to much anyway.
boris
Moderator, LogMeTT and TTLEditor developer

Posts:
1596
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:52 pm
by boris » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:32 pm
Thanks.
Best regards,
Boris
Display posts from previous:
Sort by:

4 postsPage 1 of 1

Users browsing this forum: No registered users
cron