Forum Rules and Regulations
- Only registered users can post in LogMeTT.com Support forums. Registration is free for everyone. After filling up registration form user receives e-mail with account activation link that is valid for 48 hours. Accounts that were not activated within 48 hours after registration are deleted by cleanup script and all the data associated with them are erased.
- Registered users that never posted need to log into the forums at least once a year to retain their membership.
- Those who made purchase from LogMeTT.com (hereinafter "Customer", "Customers") are registered during checkout process. Customer account neither expires, nor will be deleted due to inactivity.
- Customers can post in Support Forums and must also abide to these Rules and Regulation.
- All posts made in Support Forums on LogMeTT.com are strictly moderated to keep forums clean from advertising, irrelevant postings and the postings that do not add value to the discussions.
- All posts made in Support Forums on LogMeTT.com should be written in English language. Postings in other languages are not allowed because such posts cannot be moderated. Non English posts will be removed without notice and the author of such post will be warned (see policing below).
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum will be given a Warning.
- All posts must be related to Tera Term and accompanying products. The posts and topics not matching these requirements will be deleted without prior notice and may lead to a Warning.
- Users are asked to search existing topics before starting new thread. In many cases the questions they want to post have been already asked and answered.
- Users should follow the rule "One topic - One thread". Do not append existing threads with the posts that are not directly related to ongoing discussion.
- The first posting of every newly registered user have to be approved by forum Moderators before it becomes publicly visible. Once it is clear that new user registered to get/share knowledge of Tera Term and related products and has no intention to post ads and/or spam, then this limitation is lifted.
- Users must follow business ethics basic rules and be respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to account termination. Such posts will be deleted without prior notice.
- Members are asked not to act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of the Moderators. Please use the “Report this post” feature (available only for logged in users) to report such posts. Do not respond to the topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators will be banned.
- Members should remember this board is aimed at the professionals working with computer, telephony or other networks and in software or hardware development fields. Posting any non-relevant texts, images, links etc. or generally offensive materials will not be tolerated and may lead to deletion of the posts, banning the user and blacklisting user's e-mail and IP addresses without prior notice.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to, or asking for information on warez, cracks, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a Warning and their post will be removed without prior notice.
- Members posting Tera Term Macro code snippets are asked to place code between [code][/code] tags. This will activate syntax highlighting and improve readability of the post.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline ([img][/img]) image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or colored text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users abusing this will be warned.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "How to suppress Macro pause/end window", "How to control Tera Term from other applications", etc.
- Spam and advertising is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering any kind of services (charged and free). Recruiting members for your own projects is not permitted and is also considered spam. Users posting spam will be banned and their posts will be removed without prior notice. See also specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
- The moderators reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to moderators and not users.
- Users should avoid creating posts that add no value to the discussion. Examples of such posts are "Newbie here. Nice to meet you all :) Good day!" or "Great suggestion - let me try". This also includes duplicate posts in different forums. Postings like these will be deleted without prior notice and will lead to a Warning.
- Signatures may contain up to five lines of text (of different size).
- Signature has to be written in English language.
- Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, and so forth.
- Links in signatures to non Tera Term related web sites are not permitted and considered as advertising. Users violating this rule will be warned and such signature ill be deleted without prior notice.
- The posts with links in the signature that require Moderator's approval (the first 3 posts of new members) will not be approved and user will be notified. No Warning is issued in this case.
- Signatures of the users that violate these rules and ignore the Warning may be deleted without further notice.
- Users are permitted to utilize a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own. User defined avatars should be no smaller that 20x20 pixels and no larger than 90x90 pixels, contain no animation, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of moderators), may not exceed 10kB (10,000 Bytes) in file size and have a consistently high availability (i.e. links to images on slow servers or those prone to failure may be removed).
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
- Users may not promote their own or 3rd party commercial sites through their posts. Such posting constitutes as advertising, will lead to a Warning and will be deleted without notice. Users or companies wishing to advertise at LogMeTT.com should send the request via Contact Us form. See also Link to us page.
- LogMeTT.com forums operate one strike policy. Users will be warned only once. The need of second Warning within 6 months period from the 1st Warning will lead to cancellation of the subscriptions without additional notice. Such users will be banned from re-subscribing to the forums. In some particular cases mentioned earlier in these Rules user may be banned immediately without giving a Warnings.
- Arguing with moderators after having received a Warning will lead to an immediate account cancellation.
- Users that contact moderators personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material will be immediately and permanently banned.
- Permanent bans are the last resort and thought is given before applying them. While LogMeTT.com may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.